The ICA is the world’s premier provider of professionally certified qualifications related to AML. It offers training, qualifications in the areas of compliance, risk, governance, and fiduciary crime.
The International Compliance Association (ICA) is a world leader in the provision of professionally certified qualifications/training regarding the prevention of fraud and financial crime, compliance, and anti-money laundering (AML). For experienced professionals and those just joining the field, ICA’s diplomas and certificates are the gold standards for excellence in the profession.
ICA’s qualifications are recognized globally and have been created in partnership with the renowned University of Manchester Business school; they help to make individuals more knowledgeable and skilful, cut risks, and help businesses to improve their practice.
ICA is a professional awards body with members throughout the world. Established in 2001, it has forged a position as the number one provider of professional qualifications related to regulatory risk. More than 10,000 individuals have taken ICA’s internationally recognized courses globally, and their qualifications are acknowledged as the best confirmation of the highest professional standards. The ICA maintains operations in more than 30 jurisdictions, with a UK headquarters and regional offices in Singapore and Dubai.
ICA assists clients, government agencies, businesses, and regulatory authorities to follow best practices by providing them with learning opportunities, resources, information exchanges, and opportunities for dialogue. The ICA partners with regulators and similar entities across the globe.
ICA Specialist Certificate in Combating the Financing of Terrorism – Spec.Cert(CFT)
This newly established course offers an unrivalled basis in the understanding of terrorist financing and its spread, a grounding in the ways in which legal systems across the globe implement strategies against terrorist financing, and a summary of the central threats and risks terrorist financing involved. Participants will learn about what terrorism is, and how it is motivated, how terrorist organizations gather and process their funds, what risks terrorist finance poses to organizations and how they can be identified, how money laundering and terrorist financing fit together, and how the risks posed by terrorist financing can be managed using risk-based approaches.
Who should take the course?
- New or novice workers in the anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism finance sector, and those wishing to find out more about the correlation between terrorist financing and money laundering.
- New or novice MLROs/deputies
- New or novice Financial Crime and Risk officers
- Compliance officers
- Consultants, auditing professionals, and all those with responsibility for the management of issues around terrorist financing and money laundering.
What will participants learn?
- Broad overview of terrorism
- Threats posed by terrorism/risk assessment
- Hierarchies for international/regional legislation original innovations
- Risk management
- “Red flag” warnings
Learn more about ICA certificates at https://www.int-comp.org
- Terrorism, Inc.: The Financing of Terrorism, Insurgency, and Irregular Warfare (Praeger Security International)
- The Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism Eco-System
- Terrorist Criminal Enterprises: Financing Terrorism through Organized Crime (Praeger Security International)